The DIY project is something when you find nothing to do and if you’re stuck at home with your kids. Also, there are various reasons most of the schools and Montessori education follow this strategy for making kids active. You need to grab some paints and encourage some creative expression—it’s easy. You don’t need to be “crafty” to start being creative with your kids.
This DIY project for kids allows them to focus, plan, work with their hands and enjoy the empowering feeling of creating something on their own. This practice is followed by the nursery schools in Selvapuram, Coimbatore, and encourages the kids to actively participate. In this blog, get to know these amazing DIY projects you can try at home or school.
Kids will love these 6 awesome DIY projects:
1. Create genius ideas out of cardboard:
- – Cardboard is one of the easiest and low-priced materials where you can get your hands. Grab a ton of it and challenge your kids to make incredible creations. Things you can make out of cardboard or recycled boxes are
- – Shapes for Toddlers- Create a range of shapes for young children to play with so they can learn while developing ideas like building houses or coloring their favorite shapes.
- – Creating vehicles- When parents can sketch, they can easily create motorcycles, doll houses, mazes, ships, boats, airplanes, and trains. It’s kind of creative. It will be a lot of fun to design, construct, and use.
- – Toy car garages- You need this DIY Toy Car Storage if your kids are crazy about toy vehicles. A cardboard box and toilet paper rolls are all you need. And it’s an incredibly inexpensive alternative to the toy car garages that are sold in stores.
- – Homes- if you still have any big boxes from the recent shopping, then you can build a house for your child. They will enjoy playing in and decorating the house.
2. Create new things from newspapers
Paper crafts focus on eye coordination and sequencing abilities, it’s the ideal approach to help kids’ brains develop. It’s easy to make a swan, ship, stars, hearts, picture frame etc through origami. All you need are pencils, pens, glue, markers, watercolors, and paper scraps to make the new things. The DIY newspaper craft ideas are:
- – Newspaper tree – Secure the newspaper roll by tying one band at the bottom and the other around the middle. Cut the roll four times around the middle band from top to bottom. Place your finger in the center of the roll and remove the inner pages to create layers.
- – Paper rose – Either draws the flower or cut the paper. Or using origami, join the 3 square pieces of paper, fold, cut into shapes, glue the edges, arrange the paper petals and glue.
- – Hat – Easy to make just fold the top corners of a paper to the center crease. Take the top flap and fold it upwards, same to the bottom, to look like a triangle. Tape the corners.
3. Plastic bottles craft
Paint, scissors, glue and decorative materials are required to do this. Help them design a piggy bank, self-watering pots, and sprinklers to convey the idea of reusing items rather than throwing them away. The idea is that play schools or kindergartens encourage children to use objects in different manners. You may make home décor items, pen stands, fish, and model airplanes out of plastic bottles or tins.
4. Footprint and Handprints:
This DIY activity is interesting for the kids who are going to playschools. Also, the schools encourage the students in:
- – Making projects out of handprints is a fantastic idea for kids. It is simple to involve kids in creating handprint ornaments, flowers, and other useful items for the Christmas tree.
- – To create a footprint butterfly, you need to: Paint the child’s foot a color, then attach it to the paper. Make sure they are not too near or too far away. Just enough space should be left to get the butterfly body. Draw the body of the butterfly using the marker. Add the child’s name or an interesting fact about them to finish it off.
5. Craft using fork:
Craft using fork spoons, you need to draw out any animals or things that helps to bring creative ideas for the students. You can create:
- – Fork Bear
- – Lion
- – Hedgehog
- – Flowers
6. Tissue box craft:
The kids’ go-to art supply in the school and at home has always been tissue paper. You’ll need paints, markers, glue, and a tissue box. Using the box of tissue paper:
- – Paper plate butterfly
- – Rainbow
- – Unique kind of toys
Give your kids room to play in while using their imaginations. The best play schools in Coimbatore and the majority of Montessori schools encourage their students to be motivated by their excellent work rather than prizes, which promotes a desire to learn.